Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 08:15 AM

Whoknows will become famous soon enough

Whoknows will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowYeti View Post
I have the same mount and really love the heads up location. I run my radar detector through my phone and the location is perfect. For the ease and price it can’t be beat imo.

Though the mount is very good I find myself fussing with it, it does move around a little in the heat and of course with the magnet.

So I sought out to keep the location and find something better. My search lead me to 67 Designs and their phone clamp. The issue being that they use a ball mount to a arm to another ball mount, to long to work. So I redesigned the end of the arm as an attachment button. This will mount through the same spot with 3M tape and a bolt. So phone mount with ball attachment, no arm, straight to button. Allows more than enough articulation and places it in the same location as above but no movement and works with any phone no metal plate required. I am having the part made this week and will post.

Also directly below is an unused switch location. I bought a USB that fits Toyota and will run my Kenwood stereo USB to it, so a straight short shot up to the phone, no cable dangling around.

Anyway I will post once installed. I had to make 5 parts so I will have 4 left over

Universal for Phones Device Holder – 67 Designs

i’m interested in one of the four left overs.