Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 07:56 PM

kgolive is on a distinguished road

kgolive is on a distinguished road
I haven’t posted a follow up to my install because I have been experiencing the same issues as everyone else. I had to cut and modify the hood latch bar in order to mount the bumper with a smittybilt 10k synthetic rope winch. No big deal, but I did some damage to my plastic bumper in the process even with masking tape applied. The hooks on the top of the steel bumper are too high for them to mount and align with the holes in the factory frame rails. I had to use a jack to prop the steel bumper in order to get the bolts back in. Once installed, the steel bumper sits too far into the plastic bumper and lower grille. I tried every adjustment and could not get it right. I could live with how close it sits because it looks like a factory snug fit, but it’s pushing so hard the bumper is popping out by the passenger headlight. I called Artec today and talked to Tom who then asked me to forward photos and an explanation of my issues and they would be getting back to me. From what I can see the easiest remedy would be to create a 1/16 - 1/8 spacer between the frame rail and the Artec bumper. I’ve already repainted my bumper once, and it looks like I will have to do it again. I will post an update once I hear back from them.
Attached Images
*REVIEW* Artec Industries Venture Bumper-c22b3a0a-058b-4663-b06e-7585d1465099-jpeg  *REVIEW* Artec Industries Venture Bumper-b48284bf-920f-4533-b7b8-39b1b3ce8174-jpeg  *REVIEW* Artec Industries Venture Bumper-7cb73778-29a4-48fa-9ceb-0a8874e6576f-jpeg  *REVIEW* Artec Industries Venture Bumper-f00968b9-fba9-444a-9da8-7839b5722b45-jpeg  *REVIEW* Artec Industries Venture Bumper-a4f773ad-eea7-43bc-8ad5-8ce78215526c-jpeg 
kgolive is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote