Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 05:49 PM

Real Name: I didn't go to Monkey Medical School for 8 years to be called Mr. Monkeypants
Dr. Monkeypants is a jewel in the rough Dr. Monkeypants is a jewel in the rough Dr. Monkeypants is a jewel in the rough

Real Name: I didn't go to Monkey Medical School for 8 years to be called Mr. Monkeypants
Dr. Monkeypants is a jewel in the rough Dr. Monkeypants is a jewel in the rough Dr. Monkeypants is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant138 View Post
Question tho. Do you ditch the factory mic? Why not just drill out the factory housing for it and hot glue the new mic in. Then all you have to do is snap it back in.

Neat project tho. Maybe you should make a black one so you can't see it through the vent. It bothers my OCD.
Yeah, I the factory mic is in a big ol' pile of parts I've taken off the car modifying it, lol. It's a rectangular box with a hinge in the middle so it would probably fall apart if you drilled it. And I wanted a design that wouldn't obscure the lateral pickups on the Kenwood mic.

Plus, I just like designing and making new stuff. (It's my day job too, lol)

You can't actually see the bracket at all once it's installed unless you specifically shine a light into the openings. Either that, or I ran out of black resin for my printer, lol. Pick one. ; )