View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 12:54 AM

traildog is on a distinguished road

traildog is on a distinguished road
@shmabs I started with the Shrockworks dual battery kit.
Dual Battery Kit for 2010-2014 FJ Cruiser and 5th Generation 4Runner

I liked that it had the bracket for the power steering reservoir built in. Even though it was designed for an Optima battery, I figured I could cut the end off and let the larger Odyssey battery extend a little passed.

Problem with this setup is the reservoir ends up rubbing against the upper radiator hose.

To get around this, I had the bracket cut from the battery plate and a small L-shaped piece of metal welded to it and then attached to the fender well further back to avoid the rubbing.

You could just trim/modify the existing bracket so it sits further back like I did and go with a different battery plate. I also had the seams along the fender well tack welded to reinforce it for the extra weight. I had read where sometimes this area would separate with the additional weight and bouncing when offload.

I plan to mount my arb compressor in the spot behind the battery. The opposite of @blackoutt 's setup

Last edited by traildog; 07-30-2019 at 12:57 AM.
traildog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote