View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 01:21 PM

Globetrotter78 has a spectacular aura about Globetrotter78 has a spectacular aura about

Globetrotter78 has a spectacular aura about Globetrotter78 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigepbiker View Post
Thank you! I saw TacoTunes offers speaker adapters too.

Question on the amp: these both say they're 4-ch, but our 4runners have 6 speakers, two in the rear hatch. Pardon my ignorance, but is 4-channels enough?
According to my research the 4Runner runs 4 channels though the 8 speakers(dash has speakers too). Dash and Fronts are combined as 2 channels(L/R respectively), Rear doors and Liftgate are combined as 2 channels(L\R)

This is why its a 4 Channel Amp. The Rears/Gate share the wattage of that channel so some will disable the liftgate speakers so full wattage goes to the doors. Im not a fan of this as the rear speakers are mostly just fill sound anyway and I like music to play through the liftgate when its open while camping or whatever.

Last edited by Globetrotter78; 08-05-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Globetrotter78 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote