Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 05:32 PM

kgolive is on a distinguished road

kgolive is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkviking View Post
I was planning go with Smittybilt XRC 9.5k. Now I’m a little nervous. Did you install winch control box on motor or above drum. I think installing on motor will make it overall shorter, not sure if that help fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed the control box over the motor. If you install it over the drum, it will make contact with a black hose (pictured) that is not bendable and therefore it will not fit. Installing the control box over the motor is a nearly perfect fit and allows easy access to the switch through the left front opening on the bumper. Note** I replaced the wireless switch on the control box with an aftermarket switch from Amazon ($12.95) because it is fell apart. Smittybilt sent me a replacement and it also fell apart. They know the switch is an issue and are looking for a new manufacturer of that specific part. Here is the link to the switch on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You may notice my front tie bar is missing in the photos. Long story short, I mangled the tie bar on the initial bumper install when it would not align and I couldn't figure out what the issue was. (I was doing the install myself by hand, heavy as sh**). I swapped the front tie bar to the rear and Smittybilt sent me a replacement for the mangled one. There are two very small metal dowels that align the tie bar and I lost one in the process of reinstalling the new tie bar (fml), so I am awaiting on those to arrive in the mail any day now.

In Artec's install video there is no winch installed so keep that in mind and trim the hood latch bar. I circled it in one of my photos for reference. The black wire running behind it is the power wire to the winch running to the battery.

Also their instruction of how to trim the black air flow pieces isn't even close. Don't be afraid to trim that entire area off on both sides because you're going to need the room to move your hands (and tools) inside if you install a light bar and need to make any adjustments without removing the entire bumper.

I have yet to hear back from anyone from Artec about a solution or even a follow up to my emails and phone calls.
Attached Images
*REVIEW* Artec Industries Venture Bumper-1-jpg  *REVIEW* Artec Industries Venture Bumper-2-jpg  *REVIEW* Artec Industries Venture Bumper-3-jpg  *REVIEW* Artec Industries Venture Bumper-5-jpg 
kgolive is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote