Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 09:45 AM
Banned

Mutant138 has a brilliant future Mutant138 has a brilliant future Mutant138 has a brilliant future Mutant138 has a brilliant future Mutant138 has a brilliant future Mutant138 has a brilliant future Mutant138 has a brilliant future Mutant138 has a brilliant future Mutant138 has a brilliant future Mutant138 has a brilliant future Mutant138 has a brilliant future
Banned

Mutant138 has a brilliant future Mutant138 has a brilliant future Mutant138 has a brilliant future Mutant138 has a brilliant future Mutant138 has a brilliant future Mutant138 has a brilliant future Mutant138 has a brilliant future Mutant138 has a brilliant future Mutant138 has a brilliant future Mutant138 has a brilliant future Mutant138 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumacat24 View Post
@Mutant138 I just tested your theory and got the SAME vibration between 60-65 mph regardless of the following:
- acceleration
- deceleration
- cruise control on
- coasting from 65 down
- braking

I have a stock suspension, BUT I have a major suspicion that it could be fixed with a suspension upgrade to a monotube/more firm suspension. I mean, nothing else they have completed to my 4Runner has fixed it.

I told them that the only people I've found in my hundreds of hours of research have been people who upgraded their suspensions on their own, but what do I know? I'm not a mechanic, it's just a hunch and there's absolutely no guarantee it would be fixed.... but it seems to make since to me which is why you don't really hear this happening with Pros the way it is happening with SR5s and OR/ORPs.
That's interesting to hear actually despite the results of my test.

OMW home I tried to replicate it and got no vibrations. I also have noted I don't usually have it on my way home for reasons I didn't previously put together. OMW in today I only got the vibration at particular spots on the road (that look to be a bit washboardish). I'm also starting to think I only get those vibrations at those spots and that too was not something I previously put together. I will have to test it again and see if it's literally the terrible stocks suspensions inability to handle those kinds of surfaces.

Based off what you said, what I'm seeing so far with my tests, I think a properly engineered suspension will in fact make a difference in my case and many others. However, I do not get the symptoms quite like what you describe, and at this point I'm tempted to say it's two different issues. One that should be a TSB and one that's just lazy, cost effective, eco, pedestrian safety compliant suspension engineering.

I'm betting a portion of people complaining about this issue are just experiencing the suspension unable to handle certain uneven road surfaces at 60-70 mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm965 View Post
it wont, i can assure you of that. modifications made it worse for me
It has fixed it for some. But, I think it's two different issues.
Mutant138 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote