Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 12:28 PM

Globetrotter78 has a spectacular aura about Globetrotter78 has a spectacular aura about

Globetrotter78 has a spectacular aura about Globetrotter78 has a spectacular aura about
T8 Headunit!! Yeah yeah I know

Ok, so I did a thing this weekend. I bought a T8 Android headunit from a forum member (PatrickBateman) for a price that I couldn't pass up even if the thing was pure junk. I am happy to report that I am absolutely thrilled with the headunit!!!

There are a plenty of people that had negative experiences with these or scoffed at the hardware limitations. I, however, use my headunit as, well, a headunit. It handles anything I would do (listen to the radio, play Pandora, Bluetooth audio from phone, GPS, and even watch movies). I cant imagine 32Gigs of internal storage plus the ability to feed from the usb another 500Gigs being deemed inadequate for really anyone but whatever. I don't multitask on my headunit beyond audio and GPS and 2Gigs of RAM is more than adequate. I have stored 8Gigs of music and a couple movies just for kicks.

I like that I can change the background wallpaper to that of my choosing and download other apps that might be occasional fun, like TorquePro. This particular frame is matte black which I am also very happy about since I'm not a fan of that painted silver nonsense everywhere.

I do have a few qualms, albeit minor but annoying. I cannot FOR THE LIFE OF ME figure out how to get my music files to play in the default radio player(pink music note)!! Not sure where to save them so they will be viewable by the player. I had to download an app to play them. Secondly, the units do not have an accelerometer so neat functions in Torque like pitch/roll, which would be fun offroad, don't work. Expandable storage via SD card would be nice in lieu of using the USB port. Apparently the mic(internal and external) are junk for voice calls but I never use that function anyway.

I didn't bother taking pics of the install since its very plug and play and well documented already on Trail4Runner.com. Safe to say it was just as easy you've heard. All in all I am completely satisfied with this project, its capabilities and certainly the aesthetic aspects of the new unit.
Attached Images
Globetrotter Build!-headunit1-jpg  Globetrotter Build!-headunit2-jpeg-jpg 

Last edited by Globetrotter78; 08-05-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Globetrotter78 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote