View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 02:18 PM

JWaldz is a jewel in the rough JWaldz is a jewel in the rough JWaldz is a jewel in the rough

JWaldz is a jewel in the rough JWaldz is a jewel in the rough JWaldz is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesooohoppy View Post
can you please point in the direction in where i would purchase a non-auto mast for my 99?

when you say mast, are you referring to the base that holds the antenna itself to the fender?

i want to get rid of mine, but i have no idea how to. i searched and found a thread or two, but there is just back and forth discussion.

edit: i want to put a cheap stubby antenna on it (theyre like 10 bucks from ebay). i dont want to pay 60+ dollars for a kit, ill jimmy rig something up before i do that.
By mast, I mean the whole assembly. With a power antenna, it's all built into one assembly. It may be possible to change out the retracting antenna portion but if you're at this point, you might as well just replace the whole assembly.

To get rid of it you remove the fender liner and it's back behind the fender, being held on with a single bolt (10mm or 12mm maybe?). Remove the bolt, remove the screw top up on top of the exterior of the fender, and it will come loose. You'll then need to trace the cable out from behind the dash and glove box to get it completely out. Reverse steps to install a fixed mast/assembly and re route the cable.

The fixed-assembly can be found online. The Toyota brand one is on amazon for like 70 bucks primed. Part number 86300-35090

Here's a full write-up as well >> Tacoma Whip Mod

3G Build: ShowGirl | Instagram: ^Click Above^ | FB Page: JWaldz4R | T4R Mod: Contact Me
JWaldz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote