View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 08:02 PM

ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light

ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light
I think any big Supra fan would agree that they liked the Fast and Furious Hero 1 car, the one which the original Energy Suspension bushings were made for.

About a week after my subframes were completed with polyurethane bushings, I got a call from a guy named Dave asking for bushings on a 94 Supra.

I explained to him how we do not make them yet, and how we just barely made the first production-ready set for my own car.

He was taken back when I told him that the only two cars with Energy Suspension bushings were Hero 1 and my own 94 Supra.

Turned out, he knew Craig personally, and he was building his own replica of the hero 1 car. He really wanted these bushings for his own car, to truly replicate Hero 1. He was known as FNFDave online.

Moments later, Craig Lieberman himself calls me. It was then that I realized I had to make this happen.

I took this opportunity to make a promotional run of the new Supra bushing set and install them on this Hero 1 replica car.

There were some problems figuring out who would perform the labor of the arm removal, and not many shops were willing to touch the F&F replica. Our team at work were too busy already.

I literally woke in the middle of the night and yelled out, RAD INDUSTRIES!

I called Rad Dan Burkett and he was willing to help out with the project.

Craig Lieberman approved and we got the ball rolling.

Here she is... drove my MK3 that day just to be part a of the Supra crew!

(Wing is stored to protect the actor's signatures)

Traveling on the 5fwy south. Eyes everywhere, gazing.

Joe from RAD Industries backing it up into the shop.

You can't make this stuff up...

Not long after getting the car on the rack, Craig Lieberman arrives in his 2015 R35 GTR

He showed us around the car and we realized just how accurate of a replica this car was.

Dan was totally stoked... we were all pretty much in disbelief.

The arms were removed for us and Craig gave us some great video for the new product release.

Will post up the video and photos of the completed arms later on, everyone was extremely cool to work with. It was great meeting all of them.

More to come next time, thank you

IG: @jimharb | YouTube | '99 Limited 2WD |
'99 4Runner - 2.7L 3RZ-FE - TRD S/C - 4WD Conversion + R150F 5-Speed Swap - Imperial Jade Mica on Oak
'87 4Runner Turbo - 2.4L 22R-TE - CT-26 Supra Turbo - W56 5-Speed Swap - Red on Red
'90 4Runner 2-Door - 3.0L 3VZ-E - Auto to R150F 5-Speed Swap - Red on Gray
'94 Supra Turbo Targa - 3.0L 2JZ-GTE - Marlin Crawler R154 - Imperial Jade Mica on Black
'89 Supra Turbo Targa - 3.0L 7M-GTE - Marlin Crawler R154 - White Package on Blue
'89 Pickup DLX 2WD - 2.4L 22R-E - W55 5-Speed - White on Blue

Last edited by ChildrenOfBodom; 08-08-2019 at 05:49 PM.
ChildrenOfBodom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote