View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 11:54 AM

SnowroxKT is on a distinguished road

SnowroxKT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssBurns View Post
I've had my EVAP/ Charcoal Canister bypassed for some time now and just barely bulled the Charcoal Canister out so I thought I'd share how I did it. The way I bypassed it is much easier and simpler than the ways mentioned above. No tee fittings, no breather tube and still vents to your intake rather than directly to the atmosphere. Gotta keep the hippies happy Honestly, it's just a better idea in my opinion so that fuel vapors are not just dumping out into your engine bay or outside of your vehicle. You will smell unburnt fuel sometimes out your exhaust but better than fresh gas fumes all the time.

There are only a few lines that need to be changed with this method. Basically all you need to do is locate your Fuel Tank Vent Line and unplug it from the Charcoal Canister. Locate your Vapor Purge Valve and unplug the lower hose that connects to the Charcoal Canister. Now plug the Fuel Tank Vent Line directly to the Vapor Purge Valve. Then locate the hose that runs from your Air Box to your Charcoal Canister. Pull the hose and cap the tube coming out of the Air Box. That's it! Now just unplug the pressure sensor and unbolt the Charcoal Canister to pull it all out. Easy peasy! This can easily be done without any modifications in just a few minutes, so everything can easily be put back into place when you need to pass SMOG or Inspection.

Hope this helps anyone that is looking to gain some room in the engine bay.
This is exactly what I did on my 1995 3RZ-FE Tacoma. The system on my Tacoma seems slightly less complicated, but I took the charcoal canister out and hooked up the tank vent line to the purge valve which still goes to the intake. So far no CEL. About to leave on a remote hunting trip with the truck, so if no issues pop up I'll leave it this way.
SnowroxKT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote