Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 12:42 PM

Espino66 is on a distinguished road

Espino66 is on a distinguished road
One cause & fix for "VSC TRAC" & "VSC OFF" lights

Thanks so much for the advice for fixing the "VSC TRAC & VSC OFF" lights problem on a 2004 4Runner, 875000 miles. The dealer quoted around $850 for a yaw accerleration sensor and $300 labor. The dealer insisted that my sensor is bad and must be replaced. Even after I told them that the vehicle only needed the "Trac zero point calibration" precedure. I showed them the bulletin that specifys the procedure and they would not budge.

My problem started after I purchased a 2007 Camry and pretty much park the 4runner. I decided to drive the 4runner one day and it would not start. I used a cheap jumper cable (use good quality jumper cables) that somehow shorted out and blew the ECU fuse on the 4Runner. After I recharged the battery, the check engine, VSC TRAC & VSC OFF stayed on and the vehicle would not go more than 10 -15 mph. I called the dealers and they wanted $90 just to run diagnostics. I went Auto Zone and they run a diagnostic for free. That is how I found out that the ECU fuse was bad. I replaced the fuse and the "check engine" light problem was fixed but the VSC TRAC & VSC OFF were still on. I went to the dealership and they were fully convinced that the problem was the yaw & accerelation sensor and it must be replaced and I was quoted $1200.

Today, I used speaker, about 18 inches long, and followed the direction very crefully and closely in TB and fixed the problem in about 5 mins. It is easy. They key is to follow the direction very closely and you can perform the "Trac zero point calibration" . Thanks again for the information. It save me $1200. One can only imagine the number of people who pay taht sum of money needlessly. It is a rip off to say the least.
Espino66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote