Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 08:18 PM

yotaman81 is on a distinguished road

yotaman81 is on a distinguished road
Tacoma suspension swap onto GX470, thoughts?

Hey there guys, been a lurker for some time, been doing a lot of reading on suspension upgrades and reading up on what will work and what won't work. I have an opportunity to get a set of fox shocks 2.0 with less than 5k miles for $600 with mostly highway driving according to the owner. The donor is from a 2016 Tacoma 4WD. I plan to do a mild 1-2 inch lift and mainly use it for my commute, light trails for fishing and camping trips but most of my drive will come from 90% commuting. My GX is stock, no plans to add any heavy gear or bumpers, just replacing the rear OEM shocks that are going out. I hear that the Tacoma suspension would bolt right up front of our chassis but that the rear would require a new eyelet bushing in order to have it bolt up. I understand that there are several configurations I can go; toytec ultimates, dobsons, bilstein and etc, but for the price and with some modifications, would this be a bad deal/idea? Thanks in advance

Last edited by yotaman81; 08-08-2019 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Additional information
yotaman81 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote