Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 04:17 PM

Jdevtac is on a distinguished road

Jdevtac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeRoberts View Post
Hey man, I found your Dirt Complex youtube channel before finding this forum post today. I thought the video of your trip to Utah was great!
I am planning to swap out the front suspension on an 03 v8 limited with 3rd gen tacoma shocks and springs, but was also planning to swap out the rear shocks with new bilstein 4600s sized for my model 4runner. I am hoping that the front tacoma springs will give enough lift in the front to level it out without lifting the rear. I have rear air suspension so all i want to do is level the 4runner by lifting the front.
Questions for you, did you leave your rear suspension stock? Did installing the tacoma springs level out your 4runner ( I was worried that this might make the front higher than the back)? How has the suspension been working for you so far?
Thanks in advance for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I put 2nd gen Tacoma coilovers with .25 top plate spacers on both sides on the front of mine and it ended up just about level.

I’d imagine 3rd gen coilovers would add another ~1” and put you slightly nose high. It’s also hard to tell though because if your 4Runner has original suspension it’s going to be worn out so heights may vary slightly.

I added some cheaper Rancho mono tube shocks (good for ~1” or so of lift in the rear) on mine paired with Eibach 1” rear coils and it now rides fantastic. The ride with the stock coils was kinda squirrelly.
Jdevtac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote