Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 06:13 PM

mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about

mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about mesooohoppy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonRaine View Post
I just went through this process with my new 5th Gen; hopefully, I can help some!

What did you do to/in your 5th Gen today?!

First and foremost, I highly recommend Works Bell short adapter hubs. I've used others (Momo), and the Works Bell products are in another league; their short hubs are CNC milled billet aluminum. They work with the clockspring, too, so your blinkers still turn off by themselves, and they include airbag resisters and extra wiring leads for the horn.

According to Works Bell's fitment table on page 8, there are two different part numbers for the 3rd gen (N180) - 534 and 535. From what I can tell, the difference is based on the airbag system.

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/d828e...3918a23565.pdf

According to the compatibility chart from RHDJapan, the 535 is the correct model. I suspect the 534 and 535 hubs are the same, and the 535 includes resisters for the airbag system. Some Works Bell hubs come in standard length or short length (with an "S" suffix). I'd recommend the short length, unless you want the wheel to be closer.

Works Bell Short Boss Kit for Rapfix - Toyota 535S - RHDJapan

Here is the Works Bell (535S) short hub adapter from a stateside vendor:

Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST: Works Bell Rapfix Short Boss/Hub - Toyota MR-2 91+, Celica 94+, Supra 93+

Here is the Works Bell standard hub adapter from the same vendor. I'm not sure if the standard length hub works with the clockspring or not - it's worth asking.

Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST: Works Bell Hub - Toyota / Scion / Lexus

Something else to pay attention to is the orientation of the adapter hub bolt pattern and orientation, compared to the steering wheel bolt pattern and orientation. On my WB hub, the bolt holes on the flange are located at 12, 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 o'clock. On my Nardi steering wheel, the bolt holes are at 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 o'clock.

I'd give Evasive Motorsports a call to see if they can confirm part numbers and compatibility. Feel free to hit me up, too, as I've had to do this swap on 5 vehicles.
thanks for this info, based off of the wix link i concur. the 535 has an 'electric' designation, while the 534 has a 'mechanical' designation. sometimes the translate function in google translate doesnt line up 100%, so you sort of have to assume things. it also says its compatible with an IS300, which further solidifies the info in my previous posts.

since we are talking works bell, they're very well known in the JDM/drift/tuning world. very high quality. that is why their hubs are twice as much as NRG hubs, and their QRs are 3-3.5x the amount of NRGs. i believe the only reason NRG is as popular as they are is because they offer a similar product a much cheaper price point (A LOT of the younger 240 and miata 'enthusiasts' are mostly broke kids who buy sub par parts for their 'drift cars').

i doubt evasive will know anything about this chassis. if you ask them about a s13 or 14, they will probably be able to tell you everything you need to know (or can figure out via a google search). im willing to assume the standard length works with the clockspring if the short one does. for as much money as WB wants, im hoping so.

the difference in bolt pattern is easily solved with an adapter. i think i have a spare one. PM me if you need it.

i havent been able to get my nardi/personal hub installed to confirm fitment yet; just been busy with life stuff. i will not be able to measure the steering column hole until i get the stock steering wheel off.