View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 12:01 AM

Tejas is a jewel in the rough Tejas is a jewel in the rough Tejas is a jewel in the rough

Tejas is a jewel in the rough Tejas is a jewel in the rough Tejas is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for all of the posts so far. I agree with everyone to some degree or another.

I have owned three new Super Duty's in the past decade and I have loved them all. Each was replaced for different reasons but the last one was due to us selling the off-shore boat and a major health scare pushed us into a cheaper vehicle to help off-set costs and needs at that time.

While I don't currently need the diesel to tow, I will when we buy another off-shore boat next year or the following (hence the definite need in the future). Maybe some see that as jumping the gun, while I tend to agree, I also see it on the other hand as being prepared. I can understand how keeping the 4Runner up until the time comes could be a more sound financial choice as I will likely lose less in the 4Runner than I would in the truck over that time frame.

I am not against having a popular vehicle, they are popular for a multitude of reasons, but I also enjoy not seeing one at every stop light too. I don't keep vehicles for 10+ years like some, I don't have the commitment or interest in any one object to even attempt to do so lol. That said, the 4Runner is one that you could easily do that with.

I agree that life is too short to be unhappy with how you spend your time and money and having had a major health scare once already in my short life I tend to agree with that notion more than most. I'd like to do both but that isn't feasible at the moment with mommas LX570 also taking money from the till.

Maybe it's best to wait until the need for said truck draws closer?! I don't foresee a new 4Runner for a few more years and even then I think it'll still retain its value quite well once the 6th Gen hits.
Tejas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote