Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 12:07 AM

WNY PAT is on a distinguished road

WNY PAT is on a distinguished road
Life is short - drive what you want to drive. I’d imagine you already took the big depreciation hit on the 4R. Keeping it a few more months or even a year isn’t going to change the value of the 4R that much. Seems more important to time the purchase of the domestic diesel right as the depreciation hit will be pretty staggering the first couple years. I priced out the Dodge and GMC diesels when I bought my Tundra. Ended up right about $70,000 depending on extras for a super crew cab 4X4 in 2017. They’re beasts. That said, they’re not all that unique either. I see CC 3/4 ton trucks all the time. The Tundra is a rarer sight in my neck of the woods.

Having said all that.. if you want very unique and additional towing capacity in addition to being great off road, why not get a new Land Cruiser or LX570? You’ll be lucky if you see one a week and you’ll probably never see one off road. It’ll cost you about the same, maybe even less, than a 3/4 ton diesel. Resale will be a lot better with the LC. No DEF fluid to worry about, no emission system codes, no exhaust complexities, no 30,000PSI injector systems that fail and are repairable only by a dealer with thousands of dollars in specialized tools and computers. Food for thought anyway.

Edit: just saw your post re: offshore boat and wife’s LX570. Get the diesel then. Lol

2013 Lexus LX570 (Wife’s New Mall Crawler)

2017 Tundra Crewmax Limited TRD (Mine)

Last edited by WNY PAT; 08-13-2019 at 12:11 AM.
WNY PAT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote