View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 09:51 AM

axel1 is on a distinguished road

axel1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rics97toy View Post
I wanted ask you when was the brakes replaced because my wife’s 2012 Limited 4Runner was doing the same thing. So a weekend I was free I decided to look at the front brakes because where I was getting the death wobble around 55-75 mph. After my inspection I found that both inner calipers has seized pistons and when I inspected the rear calipers they were also seized.

This was sad to hear especially we just purchased the 4Runner less that 8 months and have complained several time at the dealership we purchased from and they stated that their was nothing wrong with the brakes.

So I decided to inspect to find that front, back, and e-brakes had to be replaced. I just completed cleaning ,painting and rebuilding the calipers. Today I just finished installing the Power Stop kit front and back with stainless steel front brake lines and the car drives without the death wobble.

So if you need any help let me know.

Rich
I will definitely try this out. Not having a place to work on a vehicle makes it tough, but my brakes definitely need a bit of love. I think this thing sat on the lot for a decent amount of time before I got it, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a seized caliper or two. I do have a bit of pulsating when I brake so if nothing else there's at least a warped rotor or something.