Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 10:21 PM

Tejas is a jewel in the rough Tejas is a jewel in the rough Tejas is a jewel in the rough

Tejas is a jewel in the rough Tejas is a jewel in the rough Tejas is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadytype View Post
I came from a 2013 Tundra Rock Warrior.

I understand. I wasn't towing an off shore Cat/Vee whatever you got, but I was pulling race car trailer and supporting gear.

All told about 7K. This was out of the range of the 4runner, hence the Tundra choice back then. Tundra towed ok at that level, but man it required a bunch of planning and soft hands and feet on the controls.

I can't imagine 18K, wouldn't you be in an F550 Top Kick type range?

I went to a 4runner as I needed to get to work and back in 1 tank, including day care drop off and pick up. I sold the trailer, but still have the race car.

Do what you want.

Good thing about the 4runner holding value, you won't lose too much more if you hold onto it for a year. Esp since the 2020 is minor improvements yet again.
The last boat was a 38' with triples, the next one will be slightly longer and will have quads. With the hull weighing over 12,000lbs before any electronics, rigging, accessories and the outboards weighing 600+ (depending on model), these things get heavy fast. That weight doesn't include the 44' triple axle trailer or rods/reels/tackle, fuel, water, and ice either.

I need to sit back and wait until the time draws closer, then I can snag a truck when it's go time once again.
Tejas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote