Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 01:57 PM

t4rcement is on a distinguished road

t4rcement is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigair96 View Post
It looks like your wiring connector is right next to your hatch hinge? Did you use a supplied wiring harness or just wire yourself?

Did you bring the wiring into the cab? Then did you route along the floor to get to the dash switch then to the engine bay?

I'd like to get a single 6 inch amber chase light and trying to figure out best way to wire it. Extreme LED has a nice 6 inch option and they have a nice wiring harness. I've already brought in my solar panel wire through the rear hatch grommet. Just trying to figure out my options here....

Thanks
Yeah, the connectors are right next to the hatch hinges. There’s plenty of room between the hatch and the body, so there’s no worry of the connectors being damaged when opening and closing the hatch. I believe I also zip tied the connectors to the hinge brackets so they don’t shift around. No issues since initial installation. I modified the supplied wiring harness and i bought more wire because it wasn’t long enough. I routed the wires down the weatherstrip and to the floor all the way up front through the firewall and into the sPOD. The sPOD made it easy because a wire went into the positive and a wire went into the ground. When I wired the wires through the cabin, the wires went underneath the sliding cargo tray panels and the plastic door sills. I thought that was the easiest method of routing the wires.
Hope that answers your questions.

Last edited by t4rcement; 08-15-2019 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Additional info
t4rcement is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote