Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 06:42 PM

Techflyer is on a distinguished road

Techflyer is on a distinguished road
I ordered the kit on Sunday and it was delivered on Thursday. Not bad.

I just unpacked everything and all of the parts and bits arrived in great condition. The packaging was great. They even included a drill bit for mounting the rear switch.
However my kit (V3) did not include the screws for the brackets or any manual or reference on connecting the foot kick switch.

The foot kick switch I received has a couple of extension cables with mating connectors and the last one only has separate wires that have the insulation prepped for removal with no connectors to interface with the control box.

I sent an email to Autoease, let's see what they have to say.

Update: Tao with Autoease emailed back very quickly.
The newer kits use the existing screws for the new brackets.
As for the loose wires on the foot kick switch: The red ACC wire is not used, the green KEY wire gets connected to the grey wire at the existing control box (Step #8), the ground and BAT wires get connected appropriately. (Tao suggested that they could be connected at the liftgate control box).

Last edited by Techflyer; 08-17-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Techflyer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote