Site Navigation

Thread: Mystery Machine
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 05:27 PM

jack333 is on a distinguished road

jack333 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtail View Post
I do know you can run them out of oil and the motor won't seize. I bought a 99 4runner 3.4L 139K mi with only 1 quart of oil in it, I put 5 quarts in and it just barely came out on the bottom of the dipstick at 5 quarts. So only had 1 quart i it. The motor had a broken oil sensor wire, so oil light would never come on. It was owned by a jackass that had no concept of oil.
I filled it up with oil, but basically the motor was junk at that point, I ran it another 30K til it started using 1 quart of oil per day. At 1st it was ok, but it progressively used more and more oil and started smoking. Then I swapped the motor.
Check your oil sensor and wire, the oil light should be coming on. Regardless, sounds like your motor is toast.
My engine is toast?? It just hit 100k. That can't be right. Everything else works great.