View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 05:53 PM

4therunning is on a distinguished road

4therunning is on a distinguished road
3rd gen engine shut off

Hey everyone, I could use a little input here. So I bought a 98 4Runner automatic v6 with about 250,000 miles on it last year. Over the last few months, I’ve replace the alternator, spark plugs and wires, fuel injectors, fluids.

Recently, I’ll go to switch my key on and everything lights up like normal but then when I go to switch it over, it make me a clicking noise maybe 2 times and then everything shuts off. Radio, lights, everything. I have to unplug the battery for about 5 min and then it will start up just fine. It does this on cold start and a couple times when I’m just idling. I went ahead and replaced the starter but it’s still giving me the same issue.

Any one else experience this? I think it might be battery cables or maybe a fuse? There is no check engine light on or anything.
4therunning is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote