Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 10:31 PM

STI_MECE will become famous soon enough

STI_MECE will become famous soon enough
slowly bringing the 4runner back to life

Got to tear into the 4runner a bit more....worst news of all is that cylinder 1 had a spark plug that was stuck and someone must have messed up the threads....because now there is a spark plug thread repair insert around the plug.

so i had to carefully unscrew that insert to get it off for the Denso. I am going to start looking for a set of decent heads. Just going to prepare myself for a head rebuild down the road. Either A, the plug will blow out or B nothing will happen and I can going about my day but that crap is going to bug me anyways and ill rip it out and put back the way it should be.

Got my Eibach suspension in from Toytec, with the SPC UCAs. got OEM LBJ's coolany etc. Put an airraid on too, but i left it loosely fitted i think this stupid body lift is hampering its fitment

Next week will be an all out sprint to remove body lift and install suspension components. on to the pictures.

I also think my rear cylinder driver side drum is leaking....spongy breaks...and damp looking area around the brake line. so looks like i will be dooing this eventually. but im going to tackle the timing belt job first.

Bull crap spark plug with bull crap thread isnsert....luckily the mechanic learned their lesson on cylinder 1...idiots.

My second project making a cameo...'92 vert 21k miles on it, 1 owner, rebuilding the heads

Got to do alittle house keeping...going to need to clean the carpet....need a hot water extractor

Engine bayz

and all the goodies i get to stare at until next weekend
STI_MECE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote