Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 09:49 AM

Globetrotter78 has a spectacular aura about Globetrotter78 has a spectacular aura about

Globetrotter78 has a spectacular aura about Globetrotter78 has a spectacular aura about
Well I finally finished the enclosure. I had wrapped it in black felt but it looked cheap and out of place given that it was against grained plastic panels (unlike a car truck that is all carpet stuff). I tried to wrap in auto carpet but it still looked weird. I finally settled on vinyl. Vinyl is much less forgiving to inconsistencies in the surface its on but all in all I am much happier. I also relocated the outlets to the face surface of the panel. The outlets are positioned such that I can build a shelf system at some point without concern.

Like I said, I am well out of practice and would do things a little differently if I were to do it again but overall I'm very pleased. I saved several hundred dollars on a custom box and had a neat project to keep me busy for a bit.

Once I get the go ahead from the wife it will house a monster Alpine R.

**EDIT** Wife gave the OK so here's the final (albeit lousy quality) pic with the sub installed.
Attached Images
Globetrotter Build!-20190818_145132-jpg  Globetrotter Build!-20190818_145326-jpg  Globetrotter Build!-capture-jpg  Globetrotter Build!-sub-jpg 

Last edited by Globetrotter78; 09-20-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Globetrotter78 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote