Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 04:17 PM

Dusty Driftwood will become famous soon enough

Dusty Driftwood will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhstuhT4R View Post
Most of the lifts we install here are going to be using the SPC UCAs and that allows you to actually pull your tires forward about an inch away from the body mount for no rubbing and then we just trim the bumper a little and pull the liner forward. The ome kit is here

OME-FJ4R - Old Man Emu Suspension (07-09 FJ & 03-09 4Runner)
Instead of starting another thread, I'll just comment here. I currently have the 2.5/1.5 Daystar spacer lift installed. There are ~125,000 miles on the original suspension.

I would like to replace the spacer lift and OEM suspension with a shock/spring combo that will net the same lift (or, up to 0.5" more). Will the equipment you recommended be an equivalent to what I am looking for? Are other parts needed to safely run this setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MityMax96 View Post
Just a follow up on this thread.
Went with Bilstein shocks.
Used OME 2884's up front.
Set the collar on the front shocks up one rung from stock/default. So I think that is 0.85?
The lift looks good and where I want it at....I think it will settle down a bit
My tires aren't rubbing, so I am happy.
We will see what they say when I take it for an alignment.
What size tires? How do you like it? Did you install any additional parts to facilitate the lift (Upper control arms for example). Got some pics?

Thanks

SOLD: 2008 Driftwood Pearl SR5 4X4 V6 "Dusty"
Dusty's Cargo Drawers
Dusty Driftwood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote