Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 11:33 AM

tdubz is on a distinguished road

tdubz is on a distinguished road
Thanks all for responses.

My partner to stopped at the stearlership to pick up their last UCA bolt in stock, on her way home from work -- so nothing was going to hold me back from getting it out.

1. Tried to hammer it out. Trying to push it forward was tough due to the brake lines in the way, a small hammer was not enough force and a large one's claw was getting on the firewall and sheet metal.
2. Tried a 3-arm pryer. Grabbed onto the UCA, but this just pulled the UCA arm out and didn't budge the bolt.
3. Found a hacksaw (I was working at a friends house, and he wasn't home yet). Took the blade off and went at the head side of the bolt until the blade was no more.
4. Finally found a Dremel and a little 1.5" cutoff wheel. Moved away all the coolant lines and the power steering reservoir. Cut as far as I could, twisted the bolt, and repeated until the head came off. Then used the new bolt to push the now headless rod out towards the back.

Wrapped it up about 6hours later than expected and had myself a celebratory "shower then go directly to bed."

Definitely bent; and at the threaded end, which is why it didn't want to push out. This may be due to age or from the accident on that side that the previous owner had.

TL/DR - Bolt was bent, had to cut it and push it out to the back, and use a new one.

Last edited by tdubz; 08-20-2019 at 11:35 AM. Reason: grammar
tdubz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote