Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 11:59 AM

5thToy is just really nice 5thToy is just really nice 5thToy is just really nice 5thToy is just really nice

5thToy is just really nice 5thToy is just really nice 5thToy is just really nice 5thToy is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotatn View Post
Its not like they check with us to get our OK on the matter but YES they do keep us informed.... lol, it would be dumb if the manufacturer didn't keep their dealers informed. Trust me we have all been looking for updates on the Tundra and the 4Runner with great anticipation because both of those platforms are in serious need of updating. I just hope that the 4runner keeps the 4.0 liter, the 3.5 leaves a lot to desire in the Tacoma.
I think they've taken the 4.0 about as far as they can. It's behind in power and efficiency in its class. Also, the 5 speed transmission's day is done and I can't see Toyota developing a new trans for a 20 year old motor.

I don't see the 4.0 making its way to the next generation shared platform. I do agree with you about the 3.5 though, and I think that rather likely transition would turn many traditional T4R buyers away. I stayed away for a while after they deleted the 4.7 I had in my 03 and reluctantly came back to a 4Runner with the only choice being the 4.0

Last edited by 5thToy; 08-20-2019 at 08:00 PM.
5thToy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote