View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 08:23 PM

Jeff614 is on a distinguished road

Jeff614 is on a distinguished road
Rusted out front skid plate

Hi everyone, been awhile, life goes by fast... couldn't believe I was catching up on some service at 90000 already!

Anyway, while underneath doing a fluid change out this weekend I noticed the front skid plate is crumbling away in rust. Live in Northern VA so usually little snow, salt, etc... Rest of undercarriage looked good for 90K miles as well. I was shocked, never expected to see that level of rust

Dealer quoted $208 for the stock one which seemed pretty good, I'm having trouble finding that part number. I got 51405A online but can't find any (so far) in stock or cost. They also quoted the TRD Aluminum plate for $276... on order.

I'm tempted, TRD and it's aluminum, but my winch bumper requires removing the "tabs" the plate swings down on.

Finally my real question is what say you if you were on a budget? Finances are tight right now with school and work. Just wondering if I'm overlooking something, even in finding a stocker...

Thanks all,
Jeff
2014 Mag. Gray Trail Edition, SouthernSS Slimline Front Bumper w/ ENGO e9000 and flush mount LED bar, Toytec /Bilstein 5100 Coilovers, Rear Bilstein 5100's, Rear SAW coil's, 265 Nitto G2's on FN Six Shooters, Husky Liners, TRD exhaust tip, Midland 75-822 w/Wilson 5000 mag. mount, AVS low-profile ventvisors, Lamin-X fog covers
Jeff614 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote