View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 10:55 PM

Sparda is on a distinguished road

Sparda is on a distinguished road
Manual door lock failure?

So my 02 4Runner sport took a dump on my heart today and suddenly stopped unlocking when using a key on both doors and the hatch. It has never given me a problem until today. From what I’ve found it can only be unlocked with the OEM key fob, or manually pulling up the lock “stick” on the door. If I lock the doors from inside, the doors will lock, but the button won’t unlock the doors again after being locked. The key does also not unlock the doors from the outside, nothing will even budge at all, in any direction, with the master key, valet key, and spare key. After hours of using a coat hanger and prying the door open to hit the unlock button (it did nothing), I had to break one of the small vent windows on the back door to get in (I have no roadside assistance, and a lock smith couldn’t do anything, and the key fob was locked in the truck too). Is there a security system problem with this? Is there a mechanism that needs to be replaced? Anyone else have this problem? I also noticed someone has taken my grill off recently, and broke all of clips that hold it in place, and they just jammed the grill back in place. Could a fuse be missing that could cause the locks to do this?
Sparda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote