Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 10:34 AM

Jdevtac is on a distinguished road

Jdevtac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
That's a good question and, frankly, I'm afraid to look.

I bought my 4R used about 3.5 years ago. It's not my daily driver, and since I've owned it I only put on about 17,000 miles. Odometer reading right now is just under 123,000. Certainly not a lot of mileage for these trucks. My concern is that this being a Northeast vehicle, it has some signs of rust and corrosion underneath. I've noticed that rear strikeplate and surrounding bolts looking worse over the last couple of years, and I don't wheel my truck at all. Hasn't seen any water crossings of any kind while I've owned it.
Did you check out the frame at purchase?

I’d definitely give it a good inspection, best case scenario it’s just surface rust under there being a NE vehicle. Worst case your frame is toast.

My rear bolts holding that rear bumper plastic on and the rear hatch latch look much better than yours and my frame under there was pretty gnarly just from all the salt kickup from the rear tires.
Jdevtac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote