Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 06:36 PM

YBstranded will become famous soon enough

YBstranded will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAST4R View Post
An LTC at 43lb would be extremely appealing. The hybrid tread design is perfect for what we do.

But I will see where I am come next Memorial Day. Hopefully not earlier as that would indicate punctures/issues.

Tire noise is a concern though. Please update this thread with info about that and any comparisons you can make to other tires you have experienced in a 4R or a GX. I would venture a guess that a Tacoma is generally noisier than a 4R.
I didn't think I was really noise sensitive until I installed a GoRhino roof rack on my 4Runner this weekend. The extra wind noise is noticeable.

I barely noticed the noise on my Duratracs, but that was in my 2005 Yukon. I had the same roof rack on the Yukon as well and never noticed any wind noise, either. Maybe the 4Runner is more susceptible to tire and wind noise? I guess I'll find out.
YBstranded is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote