Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 04:37 PM

Ifirefight is on a distinguished road

Ifirefight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightyouareken View Post
Sounds like the ABS system warning alarm possibly. There are numerous things that can trigger this alarm and ABS codes.

Has the brake pedal felt normal? How are you attempting to pull the code? It's possible that your scan tool isn't able to pull the ABS system codes...I am not sure if that's accessible via standard OBDII or not. Your first order of business is finding what codes are being stored. There must be some if the lights/buzzer is on.

Here's the section from the factory service manual about ABS fault codes. 96-02 Toyota 4Runner Factory Service Repair Manual

I
I have the factory service manual. You are correct, I am using a OBDII code reader, so maybe that’s why I get no code. Pedal feels normal, fluid is at the proper level, never an issue with any type of fluid leaks. I started it again to move it into the garage and the lights and beeping went off..very hard to diagnose an intermittent problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ifirefight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote