View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 02:40 PM

5point9limited is on a distinguished road

5point9limited is on a distinguished road
VSC and Steering Wheel/! Lights on After Spiral Cable/Clock Spring Replacement-HELP!

Hello,
I have a 2011 SR5-Premium. The horn wasn't working, so upon dignosis, I replaced the clock spring/spiral cable with an EBay replacement for $35 vs. $500 OEM. I know the risks involved.

After I reinstalled everything, I noticed that the VSC "Skid/Swerve" light and steering wheel light with an exclamation mark were on. I tried to reset the code using the Zero Calibration method by jumping the OBD connectors to no avail.

From there, I disassembled the the steering wheel once again and boom, there it was, a small wire harness on the bottom of the CS assembly that i failed to reconnect. I reassembled everything and the lights disappeared!

Until a mile down the road. They both came back on, steadily lit. I drove the truck 30 miles with no issues.

I read on these forums that the lights are not easily cleared and usually have to be done at the dealer.

To avoid that trip, what should I do?

My Questions are:

Which code readers are capable of reading/resetting these lights?

Will TechStream be able to read and reset it? I have a Sequoia as well, and would love to use that software on it.

Do you have ANY input for me!

Here is a link to a video of what happens during Zero Calibration:

YouTube
Attached Images
VSC and Steering Wheel/! Lights on After Spiral Cable/Clock Spring Replacement-HELP!-4runner-lights-jpg 
5point9limited is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote