View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 11:32 AM

Tacomabob is on a distinguished road

Tacomabob is on a distinguished road
I need some help

I took my 05 4Runner 4.7 in to have the battery replaced, it was 4 years old and starting to turn over slowly. After sitting in the waiting room a few minutes, tech comes in to get my keys. Didn't think much of it at the time but said he needed them to save my presets. I go outside after a few minutes and he is tightening up the cables with the engine running. I get in and leave, everything seems fine. Next day , crank the car to go into town, and I have lost all power to the A/C, heat, blowers, the entire console below the radio is dead except the clock and airbag light. I believe he replaced the battery with the car running. I have checked all fuses, relays, replaced the A/C console with a good used one and it does the same, everything is dead. I have disconnected the battery for 30 minutes, removed the fuses from the EFI, and ETCS, Where do I go from here? Trying to stay out of the dealer. Everything i have read leads to a voltage spike, but no information on where to go from here. Battery shows 12.6 volts and 14.2 when running. No A/C, no heat, no blower, no remaining miles on tank of gas, no outdoor temp, entire display is dead except clock and passenger side airbag light. Anything else I can check? What do I replace next?
Tacomabob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote