View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 12:01 PM

ChivaLRy9mm is on a distinguished road

ChivaLRy9mm is on a distinguished road
I have had the same issue with my 4R for a little while now. Here's my story. Mine is a 2011 Limited with 14x,xxx miles. I've owned it for about a year now. Same exact issue as far as not happening all the time, no shudder over about 50. I've spent about 8-10 hours personally under the vehicle checking U-joints, suspension mounts, basically anything and everything that moves or shouldn't move but might have worked itself loose. Finally after beating my head over the issue, I took mine into the 'stealership'. I took them for a test drive and replicated the issue for them multiple times. The way that I get mine to 'shudder' is by driving like a grandma. Very light on the gas while cruising in the 25-40 mph range. They looked it over and said it could possibly be the drive shaft being out of balance. They removed the rear driveshaft and drove it that way (AWD, so it can drive with just the front wheels). They still made the problem occur. They told me it's the torque converter and quoted me over $2,000 to replace it. So I parked the vehicle and have been riding my CBR for basically the entire summer. I got tired of riding there for about a week and drove the 4R and it seemed to have went away, but after a day or so the shudder came back. I think there's something to the torque converter idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAXJeremy View Post
interesting..it appears you're correct..in 4S between 1st and 3rd gear, acceleration and deceleration flex lock-up are off.

Similar to yours, when I put the vehicle in 4S the problem is less pronounced. If you look at the graph, when in 4S, the acceleration Flex Lock-up is off, but the Deceleration Flex Lock-up is still on. I believe that is why the issue seems less pronounced. Like I said, my issue seems to happen the most, not when I am accelerating heavily, but when cruising and being very light on the gas (basically trying to up the fuel economy). I think that while being so light on the pedal, it is really difficult to tell whether the vehicle is actually accelerating or decelerating. Unfortunately for me, my vehicle is out of warranty. Yours isn't, I dunno, it just seems like the most likely possibility to me from my experience. I'm currently saving up to take mine to our trusted family mechanic to have the TC replaced and while he's in there flush the Trans and replace the filter because, why not? Definitely interested in what happens with your situation.

Good Luck!
ChivaLRy9mm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote