Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 07:03 AM

Diocletian is on a distinguished road

Diocletian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuSeeker View Post
Be sure to check the "Build Date" it's on the VIN sticker (top right corner of the sticker) on the driver's door jamb, you want one that has a build date of 12/05 or later, any build date before the 12/05 makes the V6 prone to possibly having the head gasket failing, Toyota redesigned the V6 head gaskets for 12/05 and onward, if the build date is before 12/05 check to see if the head gaskets have been replaced (replacement head gaskets would be of the new design).

Other than that it should be a good deal if you like what you see after your inspection/test drive.
Yep, I looked at the VIN and build date in the door jamb, it was built in 2006 so I am good there. I got a text last night that it should be ready today for me to put it through it’s paces this evening. I’ll be keeping my eyes and ears peeled!
Diocletian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote