View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 03:57 PM

Gecko is a jewel in the rough Gecko is a jewel in the rough Gecko is a jewel in the rough

Gecko is a jewel in the rough Gecko is a jewel in the rough Gecko is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpaneer View Post
Is there a published break-in period for 4Runners? I didn’t even think about breaking in this truck, since it is so non-performance oriented, in regards to acceleration.

I had a ’03 G35 Sedan with the six speed manual which had very specific RPM limits based on odometer mileage. I do not remember the details but the engine may have needed to get 1,500 miles or more on it before revving to redline? It took an excruciatingly long time and tested my discipline!

Are you planning to swap the intake, exhaust and dyno all on the same day?

I like the balance of black out and chrome on the front end. Looks good on the Limited!
The owner's manual states that:

First 200 miles: try not to stop suddenly
First 500 miles: don't tow
First 1,000 miles: avoid sudden acceleration, driving at extremely high speeds, driving in low gears for extended periods, driving at constant speeds for extended periods.

So maybe a dyno run wouldn't be that bad earlier than 1k. I think it's slowly run up to redline in 4th gear? I need to double check.

I know that the environmental variables need to be fairly similar for the dyno performance figures to mean something, so my thought was to try for the same times on days that are similar temp/humidity. Like doing a Friday @ 10 AM for stock, then the following Saturday @ 10 AM for intake. Then maybe waiting a week and doing the exhaust the following Saturday @ 10 AM for the exhaust. I'll have to watch the forecast to try to make it as close as possible. I know the battery needs to be disconnected and it needs to be driven a bit to allow the ECU to adjust for the changes.

Thanks for the kind words!

2021 Lexus GX 460 Luxury , Atomic Silver/Black @LandCruiserDNA
Previous: 1999, 2016 and 2019 4Runners

Last edited by Gecko; 09-11-2019 at 04:00 PM.
Gecko is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote