Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 01:48 PM

snivilous will become famous soon enough snivilous will become famous soon enough

snivilous will become famous soon enough snivilous will become famous soon enough
I had nitrous on a stand up jet ski. NOS wet kit with a fogger into the intake manifold and had a momentary setup so it came on at full throttle and then an easy to reach arming switch. Even with that I have limited experience at best. As usual tuning is everything and you'll be safe. There's lots of varying opinions I found for a wet system of fuel/N2O ratio. Originally I did 1:1 which was way too rich and then backed off the fuel quite a bit. In retrospect that should be pretty easy to figure out (but I was 16 at the time), I would assume you inject at 14.7:1 (or a hair richer) fuel/O2 and then some molar math to figure out how much nitrous you actually need to yield that oxygen ratio.

I never preheated the bottle or purged the system. I'm sure that's important but I didn't notice any issues with the short bursts I did. It always had plenty of pressure and the split second of air/fuel injection wasn't a big enough deal before the nitrous purged the lines and flowed out.

I would go with a wet system just since you aren't dependent on the injectors flowing enough to keep up, or get confused by the nitrous flow (though you have an AEM so maybe that's not an issue). I'd tap into the throttle body, probably inject off the back side of it. Then your normal fuel/air telemetry and mechanics aren't at all affected by the nitrous shot so as far as the engine is concerned everything is running normal and you're just adding on top of it without it knowing. Just make sure it doesn't ping and is tuned well and you'll be fine. But take everything I said with a grain of salt, I have limited experience at best and it was in a carbureted 2 stroke running race gas lol
snivilous is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote