View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 10:06 PM

snivilous will become famous soon enough snivilous will become famous soon enough

snivilous will become famous soon enough snivilous will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefreakgc View Post
I do have the ability to have two fuel maps that are activated by a switch but I'm worried that I would forget to switch the maps before using the nitrous and run crazy lean and do something I would regret. Unless there's a way to tie in the arming switch to the AEM fuel map switch at the same time? A wet system seems so much safer though in case it doesn't work right. It only has to fail once... I have an oversized fuel pump that's got plenty of headroom so adding the extra wet injector should not screw with my fuel pressure.
How fast can it switch? Can it switch the instant you engage the nitrous itself versus the arming switch? I'm not familiar with AEM, but is there not nitrous settings on the one you have where it knows the nitrous is being injected and can add fuel itself? You'd still have to rely on the injectors you have handling it, versus the nitrous being 100% standalone but it'd be a bit simpler then, and seems like you could add fail safes in the AEM where if the nitrous is active and the afr gets out of range to kill the nitrous. You could probably also set up progressive nitrous which I assume duty cycles the solenoid to simulate a smaller shot.

If your AEM is at all fancy it's probably easier, safer, and way more control having it run the nitrous. Could even run the fuel input on the fogger through the AEM probably.

Last edited by snivilous; 09-12-2019 at 10:08 PM.
snivilous is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote