Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 12:53 PM

iRide4Runner is on a distinguished road

iRide4Runner is on a distinguished road
Happy Friday t4r peeps. Just wanted to share some photos of my Crestone rack and my experience with it over the summer. The boys over at Sherpa Equipment Co. got my rack installed at the end of May and I've been (literally) beating the hell out of it all summer. Things I like about the Sherpa compared to the competition:

Style - Of all of the modular racks available for the 5th gen, I personally think this one looks the best. It fits the curvature of the roof perfectly and is visually appealing.

Function - This thing is incredibly versatile. From the hand holds to the cross bar adjustability, you can mount just about anything you can imagine on this rack and access said accessories with ease. In the past I've ran a Gobi and a Rhino Rack platform and this rack blows them out of the water as far as mounting options go.

Wind noise - This rack is virtually silent. Granted I am running 35"+ MTs and an exhaust but even over 100mph I don't hear any howls or whistles which I had with my previous racks. I know this was a major component of the R&D process for this rack and the boys over at Sherpa really killed it in this department.

Durability - The Crestone is stout to say the least. It feels solid on the truck and doesn't have any rattles or shakes that some other extrusion racks can have. Additionally, this rack is made entirely out of aluminum (besides the hardware). This means it WILL NOT rust! Incredible.

Load - For the first two months that I had this rack, I didn't run anything on the rack. In July, I installed a Simple Outdoors hardshell RTT. The tent is no joke at 145lbs and if you ask any of my friends they'll tell you I drive my truck like I'm racing the Baja 500 (because Kings!!!) I kid, I kid. But seriously, if anyone is going to break something on this rack I can confidently say I would have already done it. I've had 3 people and a dog piled into the tent and there was no flex in the side plates which is impressive.

Overall, I love this rack and I can confidently say that this will be my permanent roof rack solution.

Now for pics!!
Attached Images
Sherpa Equipment Company - 5th Gen-f49a7db0-ea9d-486c-afdf-2b73b4cee63e-jpg  Sherpa Equipment Company - 5th Gen-28887ae6-6921-4912-9707-64a03edafd7c-jpg  Sherpa Equipment Company - 5th Gen-48124066288_25c15789a3_z-jpg  Sherpa Equipment Company - 5th Gen-48163482631_ce7b0d1442_z-jpg 
iRide4Runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote