Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 03:44 PM

Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute

Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute
@Brian. I'm looking for some help, and I'm really hoping you're the guy for the job.

I bought my 2000 4Runner early this year with only 1 key and that was only for the ignition. That was when I had a pretty good feeling that my 4Runner had the ignition cylinder replaced. I went to my toyota dealership and got a new key cut off the vin and the new key worked in the doors, but would not work in the ignition at all. Compared the keys side by side and it was obvious that the 2 were different.

In the GM world you can code most lock cylinders off of the original vehicle key code so when you replace the ignition you don't need new keys. While I could get another key traced for the ignition the problem with that is my current ignition key is quite worn and has to be inserted in just the right spot to work. Anyways, the only way to get a new ignition cylinder from toyota is pre built (it also comes with 2 immobilizer keys) which means I'll have to program the new keys to the immobilizer.

What do I need to do so that I can replace my ignition cylinder and program the included new keys?
Bad Luck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote