Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 09:39 PM

MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold

MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold MAST4R is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mteolus View Post
I ran my Dueller's for 30k. I recommend getting rid of them right away, they were POS's. Just about any AT tire will work, BFG, General, Falken, Cooper, Toyo, Nitto, Goodyear etc... If you do plan on a lot of off-road, then you may want to consider a C rated tire rather than a P rated tire.

There are aftermarket options for a bigger screen, but the long term reliability might be questionable. I'd rather have an 8" screen, but the one I have is adequate. The JBL system in yours (I believe that is standard now in the OR) will be better than the non-JBL I have. Mine is still adequate but not that great. Unless you just like it loud and proud, the JBL should be adequate.

I recommend getting the sliding rear cargo tray if you can get one. Some don't like it but I do. Keeps the rear flat so you can sleep back there without building a platform yourself. Plus is great for tailgaiting.

If you haven't already purchased it, the new TRD OR's have an option called "Predator" I believe. It is basically the TRD Pro wheel and some Nitto Terra Grapplers. They charge too much for it in my opinion, but if you can negotiate it down might be a good idea. If you don't get it, I would sell your stock wheels and get aftermarket. You can sell your tires and wheels together that way.
All great advice but I would call P vs LTC is a wash. I have 5,500 offroad miles on P metrics. They must be run at street pressures or near street pressures though. Otherwise, yes, they will not survive as well as LT.But they have good traction and comfort at 30-33.

Tires with serious shoulders like the Wildpeak and the Ridge Grapplers are fine. I run the former. Toyo AT II is a good tire and lasts longer but will be replaced by AT III before long.The Discount Tire Goodyear Ultraterrain is interesting. The General ATX is probably just as durable as any of the others mentioned. There are many P metrics I would not buy though so there is that.

The LTC would provide more fine tuning on and offroad in terms of psi. There are options in 255 75 17. In 265 70 and 275 70 combined, only the KO2 LTC can claim to be stronger than the available P metrics and that again will play rarely, presumably in the harshest deserts.

LT tires provide a bit less clearance on trail as they need to be aired down. They will cost more and also last longer if the tires see lots of offroading. P metrics should last longer if the tires see less offroading.

So I would say that there are good and bad P options as well as good and bad LTC options.

I retire P metrics from offroading at 6/32s and LTs at 5/32s so in my use Wildpeaks would max at 30,000 and KO2s at 40,000 with 27k and 35k, respectively, being more realistic.
(6112s/650lb at 2.25" lift, 8100 rear with Bilstein B12 1.5" springs, Mickey Thompson BAJA MTZ LTE 265 70 17, RCI set of front 3/16 skids, Shrockworks step sliders and 3/16 steel gas tank skid, C4Fab rear diff skid, Rockmen rear LCAs, Total Chaos rear LCA bracket skids, Diode Dynamics SS3 white fog lights).

Last edited by MAST4R; 09-13-2019 at 09:42 PM.
MAST4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote