Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 09:45 PM

Diocletian is on a distinguished road

Diocletian is on a distinguished road
Odd dome fuse shorting issue

So I've begun doing some quick and easy mods on my new to me 06 4Runner SR5. I did the HCF delete, combined with a K&N drop in filter, then did replacement bulbs for my license plate housings. All was going good and I moved on to the interior.

I started with the map lights, finished the right bulb with no problem and it tested fine. I then went to replace the left side and thats when I noticed all my interior lights went dark. I thought maybe it was because the car cut power to them(my mustang does that after a while).

I checked the light I just replaced and now it wouldnt turn on. I check the dome amp in the engine bay and noticed it was blown. So I replaced it, which fixed all the lights EXCEPT the left map light. I tried to flip the polarity of the light, thinking it caused the short and boom, blew another fuse.

Replaced it AGAIN and still the left map light won't work. Keep it mind it was working with the regular bulb.

Im at a loss, I'm out of fuses too so I will get some more but I'm confused as to why that particular light is causing the issue. Ill try with another LED light tomorrow but anybody got any ideas?
Diocletian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote