Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 10:16 AM

Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute

Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute Bad Luck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Man Standing View Post
Morning Brillo,

Put one of those breather's on order this week as a precaution as I expect the rust belt got to that sucker! Thinking I will do the "Timmy" raise into the gas cap area and end that problem. I have to tear into the cable as the pivot point on the drivers side looks pretty bad at the cable as well? So thinking I will order a new cable system. I forgot to take a pic of the oil buildup on the brake pad, man I can't believe she stopped so well with all the grime on it?

Have you done that bearing replacement? How much time did you have into the project? I figure I minus well order a set w/boots so I have them on hand. With the weather moving in I may farm it out to the mechanic shop?
Gonna be a lot of $$$ I bet. I also want to do the timing belt, water pump and have to order that from air cabin man on Ebay...

As to the brakes, all parts are ordered from Olathe Toyota for the Bell Cranks as they were to far gone to be repairable imo. At least I'm gaining knowledge of how these system's work. Ordered a Toyota repair manual to better understand how this Sh*t works.....

LMS
Wheel bearings aren't that bad if you have access to a press. Timmy has several youtube videos on the whole process and there's a loaner tool program on the forum here. The best part of pressing the bearings/retainers/abs rings is you can reuse most of it. Some people can swap retainer locations and be good. I opted for 2 new retainers for the axle seal to ride on.
Bad Luck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote