Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 09:18 AM

Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all

Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all Brian. is a name known to all
And the thing that started me down this path... LBJ's. Yup, they needed to be replaced... 20 years, 194k miles, stock vehicle with road tires and was "Grandmas" car. Doesn't mean the boots hold up though:

Go ahead and make that one bigger, glory in the rust-pit within. Photo just doesn't do it justice. The other side wasn't Quite as bad with the boot tear and I didn't bother digging further:

Buttoned up the front end as much as could be done before dropping it on the ground, and tackled the rear swaybar bushings since I hadn't bought those back when I'd done the back end a few weeks ago:

And somewhere in there I smashed my thumb, which gushed a bunch of blood.... happened to be a thumb I nearly amputated with a table-saw, so the nerves are wonky... dead in some spots, unbelievably sensitive in others... and where did I smash? Of course, a freaking sensitive spot. About made me pass out. I relay this because it threw me for a loop and is the reason I have some more work (maybe?) tomorrow. I hit every bolt on my checklist, but had to remove the front wheels because I didn't do the LBJ bolts or castle-nut and those aren't possible to do with a wheel on, at least with my tools. I also couldn't properly torque the rear adjusters on the LCA because I'd already installed the steering rack... but I'm going for an alignment soon, so I'll just get them to do it (or will check it After, more likely). I'm wondering what else I might have forgotten or skipped...

So, maybe there's a day 3... I donno, gonna think on it later. Of course, I'll Probably have to pull the dang front struts, compress those springs, disassemble and move the clips.... the nose on this thing looks Really high right now (I know it's not settled, going to drive it first). Use Bilsteins recommended 6 and 7 clip positions, which should have given me 1/2 inch rake.

There ended up being a day 3 where I changed the Bilstein 6112 clip positions... And right now I'm waiting on some SS braided brake lines as I noticed this which checking the cam bolt torque after alignment:

That brings me up to current, I think.
Brian. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote