View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 06:45 PM

DarthYota is on a distinguished road

DarthYota is on a distinguished road
Recommendations for new kicks

I would say I am 60% around suburbs, 35% Highway, and 5% or less off-roading.

2014 limited with stock wheels and tires so it looks like it missed leg day from the front or rear. I love the driving dynamics though, and between the XREAS and the 20's, it feels really planted and handles close to a car on ramps and turns. It's not bouncy, not obviously top heavy with a lot of lean, etc. I want to keep that, so I am going to stick with 20's, but I also want something a little wider to fill out the wheel wells and a little more aggressive look. Was told by service guy at local dealer that I could run 275/60/20 with no rub issues.

My primary concerns are dry/wet braking performance, light to medium snow, low noise.

I'm currently researching AT's to see if I can find all of that in one tire, but may consider sticking with an AS although that wont really get me the look im after.

Based on my research I've done so far I see a lot of complaints about the KO2's wet braking performance so I've kind of ruled them out. Duratracs seem to get really noisy about halfway through their life. I'm still researching all of the usual suspects in the AT category.

So for my purposes, AS or AT and which ones?

edit: I do plan to get new wheels as well so Im not limited by the 7inch wide stock wheel.
2014 LE - Attitude Black w/Redwood - MODS - Status Mastadon 20x9+5 Carbon Graphite w/Yokohama G015 275/55/20, TRD Pro Front End, RCI Aluminum Skids Bumper-Trans, Rhino-Rack Pioneer 76x49 Backbone System (Chopped to 68x49), GTR Carbide LED Headlamps, DD SS3 MAX Amber Fogs, Gibson Catback Side Exit Dual Tip Black Ceramic Exhaust, Tint: 20% Front/%35 Rear/Limo sunroof, Black Door Handle Covers -

Last edited by DarthYota; 09-15-2019 at 09:10 PM.
DarthYota is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote