Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: Brillos Builds
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 08:01 PM
Elite Member

brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute
Elite Member

brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute brillo_76 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by apohl17 View Post
Hopefully this thread gets big to show people examples of how a frame can be fixed and a 3rd gen saved from falling apart! I bought my 3rd gen with a hole as bad (or worse) than the pictures above, and I fixed it. Patch, reinforce, paint, and protect! Thanks for showcasing your awesome work

Thank you... I have fixed some majorly bad frames over the years. I have one driver side arch that the driver side sway arm bracket pulled off the frame. As I have only the top frame and maybe 1/4 of steel holding it at the time. I parked it until I fix its frame [Tetanus 2]..

I am trying to complete my 97 5 speed frame. When they get totally rotted out. Its best to plate inside and the outside and smooth it up. Not only to you get all your strength back. You get the plywood effect with the plates. Makes it extremely strong. I have sections of this frame are over 1/4 inch think now. When the areas completly rotted out.

When you drill the plates and bolt, you get to really vise the plates against the surface. Then you basically use the drill and fill method on areas you cant weld normally. This has been the best way I have found to repair bad and weak areas in Frames. I am hoping it inspires others to repair their frames and seal them up. That way their 3rd Gens can run a lot longer in the rust belt areas. ;-)
Sparks Plugs Wire and Coil Information: https://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-g...on-5vz-fe.html
brillo_76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote