Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 11:32 AM

scootermcrad is on a distinguished road

scootermcrad is on a distinguished road
Theft Deterrent Light Stays ON

Hey all!

I did some searching and found a few threads regarding the theft deterrent light and engine disable stuff. Even saw where cycling the key on and off reset the system. None of this seemed to work for me in my case...

Here's what's going on. 2007 SR5. I just had new wheels and tires put on and they replaced all the sensors. Before the appointment, everything worked fine. Horn honked, blue light flashed as it's supposed to when the vehicle is off and doors are closed. Didn't even notice the light was staying on until the next morning when I unlocked it and it didn't honk at me. It still locks with the key fob, but now it's as if the theft deterrent system is on bypass, or something.

I tried the 10 key cycles, that didn't work. Read through the manual and it basically says to call Toyota and have them diagnose the issue. Well, we know what that will cost. So if anyone has any ideas of things to try before taking it in, I would really appreciate it. I haven't tried simply unhooking the battery yet. Thought I would just stop and see if anyone else has run into this.

Thanks guys!
scootermcrad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote