Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: Tire decision
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 06:22 PM
Elite Member

Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold
Elite Member

Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai View Post
Tire to beat? It is cheap and a good value...no doubt about that. But tire to beat? Goodyear Adventure AT Kevlar is a better tire IF you take out the price difference. Lighter weight. Stronger in both tread AND sidewall. Similar mileage. Quieter. And based on Rev/Mile, a taller tire to boot.

Yokohama AT G015 may have some say in it too with its Enduro compound and not too shabby sidewall strength.

But are the Falkens good value? Yup...but you do get what you pay for in terms of materials used. But is it the best P-metric AT bar none? IMHO, no.

Consumer Reports is a good source but they also take in the cost of a product. I have General tires on my minivan that is rated #1. Great tire for what you pay for. But its sidewall is 1 ply, which is fine on a minivan but Michelins and others are 2-plies.
Just to backed up what i wrote above about strength: https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...6&d=1497265431

BFG is #1...but that is a given due to it being LT and 3-ply sidewall. But surprisingly, Goodyear AT Adventure comes in 2nd and not that far behind with its DuraWall. Yokohama AT-S (old generation; new redesign is the G015 state above) comes in 3rd...behind BFG and GY but above the rest.
2024 Subaru Impreza RS
Lets Go Brandon!
Thai is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote